31 Aug 2008

Give Peace A Chance



You know, give peace a chance, not shoot people for peace. All we need is love. I believe it. It's damn hard, but I absolutely believe it.

We're not the first to say, 'Imagine no countries' or 'Give Peace A Chance', but we're carrying that torch, like the Olympic torch, passing it from hand to hand, to each other, to each country, to each generation. That's our job.
--John Lennon, 1980







The thing is, we have this poster that says War Is Over If You Want It.
The war is here now and there's two ways of looking at it. Some people say, "Why did you spend your money on posters or peace campaigns? Why didn'y you give it to the Biafran children, or something like that?"
And we say, "We're trying to prevent cancer, not cure it."
--John Lennon, 1970





We use advertising. Everybody in this country uses advertising, including politicians, the Biafrans, the Vietnamese, everybody. I use advertising to promote what I think. And I think 'peace'. So I promote it by using a technique called advertising...
John Lennon, 1969

No comments: